New Feature Suggestion

Explorer-like frontend add-on to upload/download.
gcarlson

New Feature Suggestion

Post by gcarlson »

Since JDiskExplorer is such an awesome product, one future feature that would extend its reach is to have the capability to skin it with different panel and control colors to match the theme of websites. While grey blends well with most color schemes, there is always somebody in the world that insists on using their ugly stylesheet with some obnoxious color that doesn't match so nicely! Having this "chameleon" capability built into the applet would make life easier.

To illustrate this idea I have attached a image that demonstrates where the matching would be most important.

Anyway, something to think about for the future!

Gary Carlson
Attachments
capture1.png
(46.69 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

support

Re: New Feature Suggestion

Post by support »

Yes :)
This feature has been implemented in 2.1. I've sent you the testing release by email.
I've also added/closed this RFE in the wish list:
http://www.jfileupload.com/support/wishlist/index.html

gcarlson

Post by gcarlson »

I tried the beta software and I think it is pretty close to what I think most users would need to skin it to "weirdo" sites where they either don't want to or can't change the background theme of the website. The only potential issue I found is that the properties didn't seem to have any effect on the header or footer (see attached sample using green this time as the background color). I also couldn't seem to change the colors of the panels inside the remote and local file windows. Other then that it looks pretty good!

Gary
Attachments
green.tiff
(72.54 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

support

Post by support »

I see, it's because of the menu bar that is not displayed by default (when registered).
I will see how it could be improved.