Excellent Tech Support

Upload core product.
e-roq

Excellent Tech Support

Post by e-roq »

Hello Friends,

I just wanted to post and say how wonderful jfileupload's tech support is. The situation is like this:

I have been working with both JFileUpload and JDiskExplorer on a Windows server. For some reason, I could not get the JDiskExplorer to list files on the remote list view while logged into the local server. The error I received was Error Initializing Parser. To make a long story short, JFileUpload tech support was top notch in finding the fix. There were several emails going back and forth to narrow down the bug. None of the emails were left unanswered and the responses were prompt. :)

The bug:
I had a custom HTTP 404 error message set up. Changing the custom error message back to the default HTTP 404 message fixed the problem. This is because the applet is detecting the remote system and it tries to load the matching parser through: http://www.somewebsite.com/jfileupload/ ... 20L8.class

This file doesn't exists (it's normal) so the applet will try to load the Unix similar one from JAR. However, my web server was setup with custom HTTP error page, so it didn't return HTTP 404 for the URL above. For the applet, it means that the file exists (HTTP 200 returned) and then generate the error.

The solution is to disable custom HTTP error for the folder including JDiskExplorer. Server must return HTTP 404 for the URL above.

Another solution would be to create an empty file named UNIX%20Type:%20L8.class but it seems not possible because of the ":" char.

Thank you for finding the fix. :mrgreen: