Java 1.7 and SFTP

All others add-ons (Secure FTP, SCP, Flickr, scripts ...).
hauky

Java 1.7 and SFTP

Post by hauky »

I have an installation of JFU with SFTP addon (both 2.9.1) that works fine with Java 1.6 installed. When 1.7 is installed, it does not upload successfully. In the Java console, it gets to the line where it tries to enable PASV and then stops. Looking at the SFTP server's logs, it shows an active connection for about a minute before it terminates it.

I've tried adding <param name="java_arguments" value="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"> to the page, but it doesn't have an effect. Is there some other param I should pass in?

support

Re: Java 1.7 and SFTP

Post by support »

Are you using Windows or MacOSX or ?

hauky

Post by hauky »

Windows 7 64 bit (but 32 bit browsers/Java plugins). We've tried in IE8, Chrome, and Firefox all without success.

hauky

Post by hauky »

I tried running this once with tracing enabled in the Java console, and it pauses after this (I'm Xing out the IP address):

[INFO] E - Connected to sftp://x.x.x.178
[INFO] E - OK
[INFO] E - PASV enabled
network: Connecting http://x.x.x.178:22/ with proxy=DIRECT

hauky

Post by hauky »

I've also tried disabling the Windows firewall completely and applying MS hotfix KB2754804 to my Windows installation with no effect.

support

Post by support »

Could you provide a testing SFTP account to support(at)jfileupload(dot)com so we can try to reproduce the problem from here?

hauky

Post by hauky »

For anyone who finds this in the future: we were able to fix it by disabling Kerberos/NTLM auth in our SFTP server. We had to disable these because JFU would stop after these lines:

[DEBUG] SFTPClient - Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
[DEBUG] SFTPClient - Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic

Disabling these two auths cause it to not include gssapi-with-mic in the list, so JFU continues to the other methods successfully.

support

Post by support »

Thanks.