Remote host files and i18n login credentials

Explorer-like frontend add-on to upload/download.
katena

Remote host files and i18n login credentials

Post by katena »

The problem sounds like this:
With my login credentials as parameters in applet_ftp_explorer.js the applet connects to the ftp server and displays the remote files at first load.
If the login credentials are in the i18n.properties file the applet doesn't connect anymore when the page is first loaded, so i can only see the remote files after the first transfer i make.
Is there something that can be done to avoid this behavior?
Is there a command that can be executed having the credentials in the i18n.properties file, so that i can see the remote files after the first page load?
Thanks!

support

Re: Remote host files and i18n login credentials

Post by support »

I will try to reproduce the problem. Notice that you can encrypt the login/password. Just drop an email to support(at)jfileupload(dot)com to get encrypt service access.

katena

Post by katena »

I think the best way to secure the ftp server when using jdiskexplorer is to include the url and the login credentials in the i18n.properties file and then restrict the acces to .properties files with htaccess. I figured out that if i enabel the connect button in the interface and click on it after the applet loads, the remote files show up. So i think that you make the connection before the i18n file gets read, or something like that.

katena

Post by katena »

I have another question: is there a way that in the local wiev to see a tree folder structure? Thanks.

support

Post by support »

Nope, no tree view.

katena

Post by katena »

What about the issue that I've opened the post for. Did you manage to find out the problem?
Thanks!