JImageUpload

Image previewer add-on.
tomkirk23

JImageUpload

Post by tomkirk23 »

Hi -

How can I activate the "Cancel" button on JImageUpload? I can't click on it. I can't figure out which setting controls this...

Thanks,

Tom K.

support

Re: JImageUpload

Post by support »

You should be able to click Cancel as soon as upload starts.

tomkirk23

Re: JImageUpload - Cancel button

Post by tomkirk23 »

Some questions on the cancel button....

1) Does pressing the Cancel button cause the Applet to end and the "forward" URL to be accessed? Or does control stay in the applet?

2) I had originally asked the question (why doesn't the Cancel button work) because I was thinking about end-users who might change their mind once presented with the upload screen. [I have jImageupload configured such that the end-user starts at a vanilla FORM where they enter their name and other info (I use this information to determine where to upload the files to). They then click "continue" to proceed to the actual upload applet. Once they arrive at the applet, "cancel" does not work. They can click the "Back" button - no problem. Was just curious about the "cancel" button.]

Thanks,

Tom K.

support

Post by support »

1) Does pressing the Cancel button cause the Applet to end and the "forward" URL to be accessed? Or does control stay in the applet?
No, it just cancels the current upload. Redirect is done when upload is completed.

tomkirk23

Post by tomkirk23 »

Related question: If there is a problem with the upload (e.g., server times out, server is down, etc.), does any sort of error code get generated by the applet that I can capture programmatically after control exits from the applet?

Thank you.

support

Post by support »

You can plug JSAPI add-on. Then you will get a JavaScript callback "JSTransferFailed(...)" when upload fails: http://www.jfileupload.com/products/tools/index.html
You have a JSTransferCancelled() callback too.