JImageUpload - File names, etc

Image previewer add-on.
kyle

JImageUpload - File names, etc

Post by kyle »

Let me take a quick second to explain my situation: I'm redesigning the back-end of a site for a client. It's a database-driven site, so this complicates thing slightly. A section of the site contains a list of names (generated from the content in the database) with corresponding galleries of images for each person. The galleries are only samples, containing 4-16 photos each.

There is an admin section on the site that I created, allowing the owner to update the database himself. I was hoping to streamline this process by adding this applet to the site. There are several things I need to be able to do to accomplish this.

It would be nice if this applet could be part of the HTML form that the owner uses to add entries to the database, but it's not vital. What I do need to do is upload the photos to a directory based on the information in the form, as each entry has its own directory. I also need to be able to either take the number of photos upload and insert that into the database, or increment that database value for each photo that's upload. The second option is really the way to go.

So, I can do all of this after the fact, but I'm wondering if there is anything built-in that might make my life easier.

Thanks,
Kyle

support

Re: JImageUpload - File names, etc

Post by support »

Maybe the JSAPI free add-on could help for JavaScript integration:
http://www.jfileupload.com/products/tools/index.html