JImageUpload Photo Order

Image previewer add-on.
cuedev

JImageUpload Photo Order

Post by cuedev »

Greetings,

I got a very demanding client, and he wants all photos to be displayed in exactly the same order they were chosen to be uploaded, that is, the order in which they were dragged to the applet.

Right now i'm using the "forwardparameters" parameter but it is giving me the photos in a different order than the one in which the photos were dragged to the applet. to be more precise, in almost all cases it returns the first dragged photo in the 5th or the last position randomly.

Is it possible to do something, so it returns the photos (using "forwardparameters") in exactly the same order they were dragged inside the applet?

Thanks in advance.

support

Re: JImageUpload Photo Order

Post by support »

The applet upload images as reverse order. However, since 2.2 you can force the applet to upload in the order images are selected/displayed. So, to disable reverse upload edit i18n_pane.properties and uncomment:
#preview.grid.reverseupload=false

Could it help ?

cuedev

Post by cuedev »

Actually it's fine the reverse order since the photos get to be uploaded in the order they appear inside the applet. But I'm still a little concerned about the first photo being moved to the 5th position. This is, photos dragged 1,2,3,4,5 are returned as 2,3,4,5,1

I wonder if there's any chance that under some specific scenarios the uploader can return the photos in a different order than the one specified.

Thanks a lot.

support

Post by support »

You mean in filenamex passed in "forward" url ?

cuedev

Post by cuedev »

support wrote:You mean in filenamex passed in "forward" url ?
Exactly, I found out that for photos of very different sizes, the filenames are returned in a very messed order. Any solution to this issue?

a little clarification here: by sizes I mean file sizes, i.e 200kb photos being uploaded with 4mb photos and so.

Thanks a lot.

cuedev

Post by cuedev »

Hi there,

I'm still stuck on this issue getting the uploaded photos without any specific order

I would really appreciate any fix to the applet or perhaps any way i can go around this issue.

Thanks a lot.

robgoldstein

Post by robgoldstein »

I have a website http://www.showmyphotos.ca where I have many photographers uploading photos for display. One of my photographers was having this problem and they figured out that by grabbing the first file after selecting all and dragging from that image onto the uploader it uploaded in the proper order.

I hope this helps.

cuedev

Post by cuedev »

Interesting,

Seems to be part of the applet's uploading process. My site has now been released and we're still having this issue. Unfortunately since it is a social network, I can't tell all my users to upload their photos in such a way. I was hoping for some fix to the applet.

Anyway, your post puts my team now closer to the root of the problem, thanks a lot!

support

Post by support »

I think I don't understand the problem. Assuming you have 3 images:
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

End-user drag and drop all images and there are displayed as:
First image = a.jpg
Second image = b.jpeg
Third image = c.jpeg

The applet uploads c.jpeg, b.jpeg, and a.jpeg (or a.jpeg, b.jpeg and c.jpeg depending on "preview.grid.reverseupload" property).
Then it forwards as:
filename1=c.jpeg&filename2=b.jpeg&filename3=a.jpeg

Correct ? So where is the problem ?

cuedev

Post by cuedev »

The problem in this example would be that "sometimes" it would forward something like
filename1=b.jpeg&filename2=c.jpeg&filename3=a.jpeg (note order: b,c,a)
I don't know if this switching happens due to file size or dragging issues just as robgoldstein explains a few lines above in this issue.

Regards.