manipulating downloads

Files and folders downloader add-on with resume support.
nandhamyr

manipulating downloads

Post by nandhamyr »

Hi,
I am nandagopal.r java developer from India,Chennai. I am in a situation to implement similar to your jfile download in jsf/richfaces webapp.
Please see my requirements below..

1. Once the user selects the appropriate location on the target computer and clicks on the Save button the system should begin the download/save process. While this process is running a progress indicator should be displayed to the user.

While the export is taking place, a dialog should be displayed that reports the status and progress to the user.
a. Implement the progress component.
b. On the progress bar, dynamically indicate the process that is currently executing. Processes are:
i. Beginning document export process…
ii. Creating folder structure…
iii. Folder structure created successfully. . .
iv. Beginning export of document file…
v. Exporting 1 of 5 documents…
c. In the multi-line status box, dynamically update a running list of the processes that have been completed. For the documents, as the download of the individual file is complete, list the folder location and name of document in the multi-line status box.
d. If the User presses “Cancel” prior to completion, complete the last process or current download, and display a message in the multi-line status box: “Document export halted by user. Do you want to cancel the file export?” Display “Yes” and “No” option buttons. If the user presses “No” then resume the file export process. If the user presses “Yes” then display “Deleting downloaded file. . .” and delete the downloaded file and and directories created for this export process (do not delete other files/directories that already existed prior to the start of this process). Replace the “Cancel” button with “OK”. Upon pressing “OK”, direct the user back to the Document Details page.
e. Upon completion of the entire download, display a message in the multi-line status box: “Your file was successfully saved on this computer. Click OK to continue.”, and replace the “Cancel” button with “OK”.
f. If the ‘save’ of the file is not successful then display a message in the multi-line status box: “Your file was not successfully saved on this computer. Please click OK and try again.”, and replace the “Cancel” button with “OK”.
g. Upon pressing “OK”, direct the user to the Document Details page.

I am not sure some of the requirements like creating folder, deleting folder in user’s computers is how possible.
But I would like to know whether these above requirements can be possible through jfiledownload….
Kindly help me and show the directions to achieve this...
Note: I can buy the source code if the things can customizable…

Thanks
Nandha…

support

Re: manipulating downloads

Post by support »

It should fit up to step c). It does not provide concurrent downloads but only one download at a time.
It would download each file one after each other with progress bar.

nandhamyr

Post by nandhamyr »

Hi,
Thanks for the response..
Kindly clarify the other points like folder creation, folder deletion if user click cancel while downloading ,and status messages for folder creation,deletion in user's local computer.

Could you please guide me the above requirements can be done through JFileDownload or if you have solutions to extend the JFileDownload source code to accomplish this task
Or How many points that we can cover through JFileDownload implementation.

Thanks &Regards,
nandha..

support

Post by support »

Folder deletion is not implemented in JFileUpload. When you click "Cancel" it stops download but it does not delete file nor folder as resume is possible.